Control Systems Engineer
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of the role?
In this role you will lead and direct the Infrastructure Maintenance delivery team in the inspection and maintenance of functional assets to standards and within budget to ensure asset reliability and availability. This includes Signalling, Telecommunications and Electrical and Plant assets within agreed resource levels, budget and unit cost measures to achieve safety, asset performance, cost and quality business targets.
What will this role involve?
- Lead and direct the Infrastructure Maintenance team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
- Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
- Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
- Identify and implement safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Manage the inspection and maintenance of assets to standards.
- Manage the prioritisation of work and delivery to plan.
- Check that safety, assurance, compliance, performance and business processes are followed.
- Identify and submit non compliances for approval and take appropriate action where required.
- Manage the process to handover and accept back assets being renewed, installed, or modified by projects.
- Restore to normal operation after completion of testing/investigation, equipment that has failed, been subject to an allegation or has been renewed as part of a maintenance delivered renewal programme.
- Develop and agree annual maintenance, inspection and testing programmes and resource levels.
- Develop and authorise quarterly work plans and resource levels.
- Identify and propose asset renewals.
- Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
- Undertake investigations and report on accidents/incidents.
- Undertake an agreed programme of safety tours, staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
- On call Responsibility
Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Relevant technical competence
- Experience in maintenance management, processes and techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Signalling failure investigation level 3
- IRSE Licence holder
- Knowledge of E + P inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal techniques
- Local Accident & Incident Investigation
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- Incorporated Engineer
- Membership of professional body