Construction Managers Internals
Lendlease Construction is seeking a Construction Manager to join their project team responsible for the delivery of a large scale construction project in Manchester. The Construction Manager will form part of the site construction delivery team responsible for coordination and managing site construction delivery works, sub-contractors and health and safety.
- To provide leadership, management and excellence, across site construction operations. To ensure that the package works are produced on time, to cost and to the standards required of Lendlease and associated stakeholders. To ensure that Lendlease and our associated stakeholders, receive the most appropriate design solutions, arising from the brief.
- Involvement in complex project elements which will be challenging, but from which you will derive great satisfaction, due to the detailed technical involvement. You will be working in an environment where your knowledge and management skills will be put to full effect.
- Coordination of various sub-contractors on site.
- You will integrate in multi-disciplinary project teams, throughout the preconstruction, procurement and construction processes. To set up, procure and direct the safe, efficient execution, completion and close out of the packages to the project needs and prescribed parameters within budget and within programme.
- To conduct due diligence design audits, active risk management implementation and demonstrate value creation of third party designs.
- To give guidance and advice towards specific building elements and associated technical information particular to specific projects.
- Maintain relationships with the aim of securing repeat business with end users, clients, professional services consultants and supply chain members.
- Participate in the preparation of project bids and proposals.
- To represent Lendlease at tender interviews and presentations.
- Assist in setting up packages of information to enable potential sub contractors to tender bids for the works.
- Arrange pre tender, tender and post tender interviews with potential sub contractors to ensure that they fully understand the scope of their works and to give them the opportunity to present their ideas, contributions and commitment to the project and to IIF.
- Analyse the returned bids with the commercial team and select the sub contractors who display the best understanding of the project requirements, the best value engineering, the best commitment to the project and whose bid is most competitive.
- Direct and assist the nominated sub contractors to carry out their works in compliance with the LL's requirements / specifications and any other stakeholders within the constraints of the contract programme and in a safe manner.
- Hold regular progress meetings with the sub contractors to see where they may be falling behind, why and what measures can be taken to resolve delays.
- To set up control and record the snagging and de snagging process to ensure practical completion is achieved.
- Oversee the timely compilation and production of the Operation and Maintenance Manuals / Safety file to ensure hand over of the completed project to the client.
- Participate in the delivery of the Company's strategic imperatives in terms of safety, innovation, technical excellence and professionalism, both internally and externally.
- Active involvement with the Company's learning initiatives and workshops, via the Community of Practice forum.
- Manage the structured training of under-graduate, graduate and day release trainees, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
- Established experience & knowledge of procurement and delivery of construction works packages on complex projects
- Experience in the capacity of a Construction Manager (or equivalent) on large scale complex construction projects.
- Experience of leading and coordinating multiple sub-contract trades on site.
- Established experience in traditional and pre-cast construction
- Fit-out experience
- A commitment to the Incident Injury Free safety culture
- To be able to demonstrate to subcontractors that you know their trade as well as your/their own
- To be able to draw on experience and innovation to solve problems as they occur
- To be able to recognise potential problems and plan ahead
- To manage operations to a delivery programme, medium range and short term programmes to ensure completion to time
- Experience on Major Projects
- To know the systems and procedures that need to be in place and executed
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.