Something new and exciting is coming to Northampton... Are you ready to be a part of this adventure? We have an opportunity for an experience social care supervisor in our clients’ brand new service.
Saxon Court is a brand new bespoke 'housing with support' scheme, situated just outside Northampton town centre. Our client has a fantastic opportunity to get on board right from the start as a Care Supervisor.
Location: Saxon Court Northampton
Salary: £21,026 to £25,038 (£10.92 - £13.00 per hour) per annum pro rata
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 30 September 2019
About the role:
Saxon Court will be home to 17 residents with complex learning disabilities and/or have a condition on the autistic spectrum with behaviours that concern and associated mental health conditions. Often these residents will be coming from either an institutionalized environment or living away from home for the first time, so Saxon Court will play an integral role in developing skills and offering individuals a chance at living an independent life.
Saxon Court is a pleasant 5-minute stroll from both the train and the bus station, offering ideal transport links.
As a Care Supervisor, you will:
- Provide frontline management support to a team of Support Workers
- Assist with the day-to-day running of the project – we can guarantee you’ll never be bored
- Help the team of Support Workers to develop and excel, challenging and encouraging them to deliver an outstanding service
- Monitor the quality of the care and support provided, ensuring it meets our client’s excellent standards
As Care Supervisor you will bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Experience and relevant knowledge working in a social care setting
- Experience leading a team
- Exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to support and guide staff to deliver a quality service
- Flexibility to work a range of different shifts, including weekends, bank holidays and occasional night shifts
If you show a commitment to our client’s core values of being Caring, Lean, Enthusiastic, Accountable and Resilient and have a passion for helping others, apply today!
Benefits included with the role of Care Supervisor include
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions up to 7.5% matched by our client and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at NCHA
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of our client’s LGBT + Allies Programme, they also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
All successful candidates will be required to take a numerical and literacy as part of the selection process.
We very much welcome previous experience working as Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Home Manager, Deputy Manager, etc.