Lead Architect - Markets - Flexible Working Available
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
Our flat teams will encourage and empower you to make decisions, build positive relationships, and deliver a meaningful difference to our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Our mentors will nurture your engineering talent, and encourage you to further develop yourself and your career.
About the role:
Joining us as a Lead Architect you'll play a key role in shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Lead Architects mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll provide specialist skills and knowledge and acts as an internal consultant to Value Stream leadership.
- You'll takes accountability for the strategic direction of architecture at Value Stream level, shapes and define the technological and architectural vision to support agile delivery of solutions, whilst ensuring the right outcomes for the Group are delivered from a risk and business strategy perspective.
- You'll be accountable for the strategic direction of architecture imperatives at a Value Stream level, to deliver business value through cost effective solutions.
- You'll work with a wide range of stakeholders up to and including Grade H executives, acting as an ambassador for Enterprise Architecture.
- You'll support in the definition of architecture OKRs for value streams and enabling initiatives.
- You'll lead collaborative working with other areas within Architecture and Strategy to ensure security, resilience and performance is considered from all viewpoints. Aligns their areas of responsibility with other areas / topics to ensure an overall enterprise perspective.
- You'll develop, evolve and manage the key operational processes within their domain, ensuring that the processes represent best practice and meet the wider governance objectives of Architecture and Strategy.
- You'll have a broad understanding of software, infrastructure, integration, security and data aspects of platform architectures with the ability to set and challenge direction across these domains as required.
- You'll assess industry trends, best practices in the area of responsibility and drives changes/transformation based on applicability to LBG.
- You'll coach the Enterprise Architecture community to ensure alignment to the LBG standards.
What we're looking for
If you can answer yes to the following questions, we want you:
- Are you deeply passionate about technology and engineering?
- Do you want to work in a large, complex, and (at times) demanding environment?
- Can you represent the needs of a diverse group of internal and external customers?
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...