Senior Principal Software Architect - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for an opportunity to influence the GPU technology and software architectures for Automotive? Do you have proven architecture experience in the field, and are looking to drive technology into new areas?
Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated architect to join our Agile software development group. You will be part of a new team based in Manchester (UK) with the opportunity to influence the technology from the ground up, leveraging already well established technologies by working with multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centers. You will contribute to the driver architecture for the next generation Mali™ GPUs and provide your influence into required HW for supporting SW requirements in automotive. You will help shape the technologies that the market will see in years to come.
What you will be involved with:
Responsible for developing the software architecture of the GPU driver to meet the needs of the automotive domain, you will cover a wide range of aspects across kernel, user space and tooling. You will help to bring cutting edge technology to the automotive industry, potentially bringing benefits to innumerable drivers and passengers. Contributing to different areas of the code base and participating in all phases of software development, this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your knowledge and make use of a diverse set of skills.
You will help define and develop the architecture processes and discipline necessary to operate within the automotive domain.
You will cooperate closely with the other architects in each of their specialized domains and leverage their expertise to build the architecture required in the automotive domain.
We have an excellent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a great opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by interesting technical problems. Do you like producing high quality, high performance SW and solving complex technical problems? - then we would love to hear from you.
Day to day activities include:
- Analyzing incoming requirements from the automotive domain.
- Work closely with product managers, providing technical guidance in customer engagements and interfacing with other business functions.
- Participating in the specifying, designing, estimating, documenting and prototyping the technologies required where necessary.
- Working closely and influencing the technology, wider architects and teams.
- Providing technical leadership and technical mentoring.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces graphical and compute processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Skills & Experience required:
- Proven ability to engage with automotive OEM and Tier 1 companies.
- Experience of digital cockpit applications and infotainment.
- Experience of software lifecycle management within the automotive domain.
- Expertise in defining and influencing software architectures.
- Solid understanding of C or C++ programming.
- Good understanding of computer architecture and embedded systems.
- Experience developing architectures for Linux, Android, Tizen, QNX, or similar systems.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Expertise with virtualization and hypervisors
- Developing software architectures within or around the AUTOSAR framework
- Application of ISO26262 to development processes
- Experience developing ADAS systems
- Experience of providing technical leadership in one or more significant projects
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.