Damage / Highways Inspector FTC - Flexible Working Available
Damage / Highways Inspector - Fixed Term Contract
Colindale, Barnet, London
About the role
- To provide administrative and technical support in the effective and effcient promotion, design and use of assets relating to the public highway network as requires within budgets and programmes
- To take a proactive role in identifying envirommental problems affecting the efficient operation of the public highway and take measured and approaite action to resolve them either personally or through other services / agencies
- To assist in the promotion of effective and efficient group development and support issues that will improve the overall performance and delivery of activities within the group
- To carry out duties that assist in delivering the road network management duties as defined in the Traffic Management Act 2004
- To provide the Senior Highways Inspector with advice and support on matters related to the assigned customer care, administrative, financial and technical support duties.
- To visually inspect any works directly on the public highway network and reports on findings. To assist in the introduction of new methods as necessary to ensure effcient use of resources, including taking an active role in promoting best value.
- To liaise, where appropriate, with other Agencies and Bodies and inter and intra services to co-ordinate projects and assist with network management duties, attending meetings as necessary inlcuding with commercial promoters.
- To assist with the draft Committee reports which may cover policy issues and to implment decisions arising from them.
- To prepare letters of varying complexity, dependnt on the postholder's grading, including assisting with letters on policy mattters, proofs of evidence, techinical reports, briefs for consultants and other documents of all complexities as may be required.
- To maintain technical, adminstrative and resource records and undertake research and technical investigations as directed.
- To keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of actvity relevant to the post and act as a specialist advisor for particular activities as allocated.
- To assist in identifying IT needs for all assigned functional areas within the post and, where appropriate, in liason with the Council's Information Systems Development Team and/or external suppliers, the specification, procurement, implmemntation and maintenance of such IT systems.
- To use, promote and develop the use of IT and internal systems to ensure that the Service makes the best use of mobile communication technology that is available including word processing packages, spreadsheets, presentation packages, databases and Autocad.
- To represent the service at public and other meetings as directed, dependent on the postholder's grading. To liaise and deal couteously with enquiries from members of the public, members of the council, other council officers as well as enquiries from other agencies and bodies.
- To carry out prosecutions, including written and taking witness statements, gathering evidence and court attendacne, including enforcemnt action for any breaches of leglislation that relate to activities on or adjacent to the publc highway.
- To ensure that a high level of confidentiality is mainatined in all aspects of work.
- To encourage and develop optimum performance from staff and underline the corporate approach to customer needs as reflected in the Council's structure and style.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.