Head of Payment Product & Strategy - Flexible Working Available
Are you a strategic thinker and a strong influencer? Can you wow with your payment strategy and product experience? Do you want to join the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Payment Product & Strategy, you will be responsible for the creation and realisation of payments strategy for Metro Bank. You will play a lead role in the designing a series of new payment products and services (ranging from cash in transit to enhanced FX, direct debit and card acceptance) that will be provided to small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) customers.
So what would you be doing?...
• Shaping the Bank’s strategy around payments and fee revenues into the medium term, with clear alignment to broader Bank strategy, and gain buy-in from the executive team to bring that strategy to life
• Leading the development of a series of payment solutions for SMEs as committed within our winning Banking Competition Remedies capability & innovation fund submission
• Taking ownership of other income and fee revenues across the Bank
• Monitoring and influencing industry-wide payments change activities and successfully managing those changes internally
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• In order to be amazing in this role, you’ll need to have a good understanding of customer needs, attitudes and behaviour to build and maintain a highly customer-focused suite of payment services that support the Metro brand
• We need you to have a broad expertise across the spectrum of payment systems in the UK market - Faster Payments, BACS, CHAPS, SWIFT and cards, including a good understanding of commercials, regulatory environment, technical capabilities and the range of 3rd party partners that operate within this field
• Experience of leading and developing a team of product managers is important
• Experience of shaping product strategy is essential
• It would be great if you are able to define and shape new product propositions and work with a range of stakeholders
• You need to have a good understanding of the key commercial drivers of payments to deliver significant, profitable and sustainable growth across our fee revenue lines
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!