Technical Solutions Manager (Design & New Build Projects)
An opportunity exists for an experienced bid project manager to join our Amey Defence Services business. Supporting our FMDJ sales & bidding function you will project manage bids and solutions; shaping the delivery proposal and providing subject matter expertise.
Bids may range in value from £15k to £100m+ with clients across the UK.
Working to/with the Business/Solution Lead, own and develop the Design & New build Projects solution and be the Design & New build SME, throughout the bid process:
- Understand customer requirements and develop the solution to deliver them, including:
- Understanding full customer requirements, including service specifications, performance measures, data provided, clarifying where required
- Develop the delivery model: management, labour, Systems, processes, SQEP
- Ensure coherence and efficiency across the various services that comprise Design & New build requirements, including interfaces with other business/contractors or RN delivered services
- Challenge and shape supply chain contributions to the solution
- Identify issues, and risks and develop mitigations
- Work with the wider bid team: estimating, commercial, HR, solution, proposal support to
- Draft and review written responses as required
- Contribute to pricing, commercial activity, mobilisation planning and other areas as required
What are we looking for?
This role would suit an experienced individual with demonstrable experience of managing a bid project across all phases. A background or any experience within the defence sector & Construction project management would be highly beneficial.
- Multi Infrastructure Project programme that meet operational outputs
- Expertise, knowledge & skills to programme & deliver construction management projects through design, construct and handover stages
- Development of value-add solutions that consider all aspects of Digital Britain
- Approach to value engineering and value management
- Development of BIM environment & BREAM/DREAM/CEEQUAL methodologies
- Energy efficiency and sustainable development initiatives
- Knowledge / experience of the Royal Navy (RN) operating context, and RN perspective, including:
- Culture, working practices, policies and procedures
- Priorities, issues and risks
- Experience of developing operational solutions to meet Infrastructure Programme requirements across multiple value bands (<£15k; £15k-£100k; >£100k)
Based from Oxford office on average 2-3 days per week depending on the bid programme, with the ability to work from home or other sites when appropriate. Flexibility to travel as required is important eg for negotiation (to Portsmouth).
Please note the successful applicant will need to complete a BPSS form and undergo a full clearance check prior to joining.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.