Development Project Planner
Becoming a Project Planner with Capita Secure Software and Technology:
A senior role within the development organisation working closely with the Software Development Managers (SDMs). There are 10 SDMs within the team and each of them could have up to 5 releases (projects) each to manage.
SDM's can manage 10+ scrum teams (6 people each) delivering these releases. Each release will have its own costs and forecasts.
Working with the (SDMs), the holder will ensure the latest costs and forward forecasts are captured and reported on in an accurate and timely manner each month.
The role will also require supporting the development of processes and operating these to achieve the repeatable and efficient execution of projects across a variety of technologies.
The role can be based at our Bristol office or Chippenham site.
What you will do:
- Working with the SDM's to capture the cost / forecast information needed to produce and publish the monthly reporting artefacts.
- Working with the SDMs, improve reporting function and tools as required.
- Provide project reporting to the Development Director on a regular basis every few weeks.
- To be the focal point for the external teams for Development financial reporting.
- Where needed, to lead projects ensuring timely reporting and delivery to plan
Your experience will include:
- Has demonstrable experience in project reporting for multiple projects across multiple teams / locations.
- Has experience in working with multiple development teams in various locations on the same project.
- Experience in resource planning and capacity planning
- Can influence others to ensure successful delivery of personal tasks.
- Can challenge the status quo.
About Capita Secure Solutions & Services
Capita Secure Solutions and Services is the UK's leading provider of innovative, secure, resilient products and services for the emergency services, critical responders and national infrastructure providers. Our unique portfolio covers a range of products from supporting records management with our PoliceWorks platform to managing body worn video with EvidenceWorks and transforming control room operations with ControlWorks. Everything we do aims to make the most of assets and resources to help our customers operate efficiently and securely - and joining this team, so will you.
Secure Solutions and Services are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We support and improve the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together we can achieve more and deliver the best that we can. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27)
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, the option to buy extra holiday…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you and your career.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Kim.Eager@capita.co.uk
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.