Full and Part Time opportunities available for an Assistant Support Worker to join our client’s supported living service in Sandhurst
Position: Assistant Support Worker
Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire
Salary: £17,082 per annum, £8.76 per hour, plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary and an annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
Hours: Full and Part Time (37.5,15 & 30 hours) - Ability to work shifts as part of a rota system, including some weekend and bank holiday working
About the Role
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to provide support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may include, providing assistance with personal care, promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
As a Support Worker you will write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You do not need experience of the care sector as our client will provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification. You will be a caring and enthusiastic individual with a 'can-do' attitude, who is driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to recognise and understand the needs of vulnerable adults with learning disabilities.
Our client is committed to their staff and in return for your hard work they offer a considerable benefits package, including:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our client’s friendly team, please apply today!
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.