Building Services Mechanical Design Engineers (Property)
About the role
At Amey we have ambitious growth plans for our Consulting Property team and are looking to recruit Building Services Mechanical design engineers. Typical day-to-day duties will include undertaking condition surveys and feasibility studies, developing client designs to time and quality, advising on the technical elements of projects, site inspections during construction / installation up to project completion.
We deliver projects to a wide range of customers, including the Ministry of Defence (MOD), Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Local Authorities, National Health Service (NHS), Transport, Education, Transport for Wales, Housing and Utilities sectors.
Who are we looking for?
- Building Services Designer Engineers with Mechanical Design Experience
- HNC/HND or related degree in building services.
- The ability to provide technically sound design solutions.
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, including CDM Regulations.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Hevacomp / Cymap / TAS.
- Experience of working with minimal supervision and supporting other team members.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- CSCS card.
- Membership (CEng / IEng) of CIBSE, or relevant and equivalent professional body.
- Experience of using NES / HEVACOMP/ cable and lighting calculations and other relevant design / CA software.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain MOD and MOJ Baseline Security Clearances as a part of their probationary period with Amey.
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think - and act - in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because 'better places' demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing - as well as more sustainable.