Customer Service Operator £20,000-£22,000
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey have an Operational Control Room (OCR), to receive and manage communications relating to highway maintenance.
The OCR Operatives will manage calls and electronic communications from the Council's Contact Centre relating to highway maintenance issues.
The OCR operates 13 hours a day, Monday to Friday so the role will involve shift work. The hours will be 07:00 to 15.00 or 12:00 to 20:00 alternating weekly.
What will this role involve?
- Receive and coordinate responses to calls, letters and electronic communications received from the Council's Contact Centre.
- Log all customer enquiries within the Management Information System (MIS).
- Coordinate the delivery of activities under the annual highway emergency plan, as required.
- Coordinate the deployment of Incident Response Vehicles and assignment of works orders.
- Escalate complex or large scale incidents to the duty officer.
- Ensure that the MIS is updated accurately and in a timely manner for all enquiries by all methods, including emergencies.
- Monitor workload to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Liaise with the Council's Highway Team, as required.
What are we looking for?
Desirable Skills, experience and qualifications (Needs to know):
- Experience of highways maintenance with knowledge of how key functions are delivered, including emergency and winter maintenance services.
- Experience of working within a customer service environment.
- Customer-focused with an understanding of the scope of the highway service,
- Experience of performance monitoring and working to a continuous improvement ethos.
- Enjoys working in a team and has good liaison and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone, face to face and written communication skills.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and make decisions under pressure.
- Computer literate.
Essential characteristics (Needs to have):
- Excellent organisational skills, able to effectively prioritise and multi-task.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proactive approach
- Excellent team player.
- Customer orientated.
- Driven to achieve results.
- Excellent problem solver capable of using own initiative.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that excellent levels of customer service and service delivery are maintained and exceeded.