Manager Group Fire Oversight - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
We're seeing the unprecedented changes in the banking sector brought about by shifts in technology, our customers' changing preferences and the evolving competitive and regulatory environment. So we're on adapting, innovating and responding at pace to ensure we can continue become the best bank for customers.
The Health & Safety Team
Group Property is responsible for keeping our 70,000 colleagues and 1850 buildings safe and operational. We look after a whole range of activities, from opening, closing and consolidating offices, refurbishment of branches, providing services like catering and security in our offices, and sustainability of our estate.
The Health & Safety Team focus on activities designed to protect the health and safety of colleagues and customers, ensuring that Lloyds we operate safely and in line with H&S policies and regulations.
Sound like your kind of place?
We're looking for a Manager Group Fire Oversight who will lead on fire safety at a strategic and operational level. You'll liaise with external authorities and suppliers on all enforcement issues aswell as any incident investigations should they arise.
You could help make it possible...
You'll be part of an exciting team whose primary responsibility is to safeguard colleagues and customer's lives and properties of Lloyds Banking Group. You'll ensure that the Group meets fire safety responsibilities in relation to regulations and associated building regulations.
What would you get involved with?
* Providing a fire consultancy and support service relating to Fire Safety issues for new project developments including refurbishments/ site acquisitions.
* Having responsibility for our Fire Risk Assessment Programmes.
* Over-sighting suppliers and contractors who carry out FRA's and specialist surveys as well as contractors who are responsible for servicing, maintaining and installing active fire alarm systems and the remedying of fire risks.
* Investigating Fire Incidents and prepare written reports and proposals to prevent further recurrence.
* Ensuring the training of Fire Marshals and Incident Controllers is carried out effectively.
* You'll posses the ability to apply knowledge and develop appropriate risk based solutions for a large, complex multi - sited operation.
* You'll be experienced in building strong relationships with internal colleagues and external partners.
* You'll have a strong customer focus with excellent leadership skills, demonstrating abilities in delivering effective compliance, procedure and services.
We have an agile approach to working and therefore could accommodate you working from any of our key hubs in London, Bristol, Halifax and Edinburgh. We can also offer flexible working, so just let us know what works best for you.
And the skills/background you'd possess?
* Experience of working with Fire Safety, particularly, Fire Detection and Fire Suppression systems.
* Knowledge of Facilities Management, Building or Engineering practices.
* Being qualified to IFE standard and/ or having completed a recognised Fire Safety Management Course would be advantageous.
What will you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
* Discretionary Performance Share Award
* Generous pension contribution
* A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
* Private health cover
* Access to share schemes
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.