Senior Policy Advisor - Part time/Flexible
Our work impacts on everything from agriculture and transport, to defence and health – and with our imminent exit from the European Union, the challenges we face have never been more exciting or important. We are committed to offering flexible working options, we actively encourage those who are looking to work reduced, part time hours. You could be at the heart of this work – while balancing your work and home life. To help us shape some of the country’s most high-profile policies in the Priority Projects Unit (PPU), you will:
- Undertake short-term postings in one of our directorates to manage new policies and deliver priorities, or support areas that require additional resources;
- Move between multiple projects and manage competing deadlines, without compromising on the quality of your work; and
- Trial new approaches and work creatively at the cutting edge.
The tasks we face are unprecedented and ever-changing, so you will be an important part of our team if you are a highly motivated problem-solver with an enthusiastic approach and great communication skills. We will look to you to support other Policy Advisors with their own development and professional goals, so you will need to be comfortable motivating and empowering others within our small yet dynamic department.
In return for helping us define some of the UK government’s top priorities, we will support you with a range of flexible working options including part time, job share and term time hours. Successful candidates will need to be office-based in central London for a minimum of two days per week, but we are committed to offering flexibility.
On top of this, you will also receive an exceptional benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave 5 weeks, increasing by one day per year for the first five years of your civil service employment (on a pro-rata basis);
- A contributory pension (on a pro-rata basis);
- Staff bonuses and recognition;
- Volunteering days;
- Childcare vouchers and other salary sacrifice options;
- An employee discount scheme; and
- Mentoring and coaching schemes from quality providers, as well as strong learning and development programmes.
Together, we can forge a bright future for the UK and secure the nation’s prosperity for years to come. So do you want to join us?