Data & Integration Architect - Flexible Working Available
A great opportunity has arisen for a Data Architect to join L&Q at a very exciting time where we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to our new and existing customers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Architect to help L&Q achieve its business objectives, realise the value of data to the business, and to manage the risks around its use of data, by defining a vision, strategy, principles and architecture for the management of data, respecting at all times business ownership of data. The role will ensure that these are accepted by the business, clear and well-understood throughout Technology, and are properly integrated into the L&Q Architecture framework, the delivery and business partnering processes. Working with the Information Security team and colleagues in the Enterprise Architecture team, the role will define the data aspects of the L&Q Architecture framework and be accountable for the continuous improvement of them. The role will identify and promote wherever reasonable opportunities for the business to gain tactical advantage through the exploitation of its data assets.
The role will report into the Chief Architect (Director of Enterprise Architecture) and will be responsible for defining targets and roadmaps scoped to data, and define architectures for enterprise-wide data management, integrating these as appropriate with other enterprise-wide roadmaps.
· Defines and communicates vision, strategy and principles for data management, across L&Q, addressing business needs and objectives, and technological and market trends relating to data
· Defines and implements standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modelling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering data across L&Q
· Ensures such standards are fit for purpose, appropriately approved, clearly defined and well-understood across business stakeholders and L&Q Technology division
· Works with colleagues in Enterprise Architecture, particularly the Security Architect, and the Information Security team, to ensure the security of L&Q’s data is consistently accounted for and promoted throughout the data architecture
· Acts as a liaison between data consumers, particularly the BI and Data Analytics and Data Platform teams, particularly in the field of business intelligence, analytics and prediction
· Advises the Technology Leadership Team, colleagues in Enterprise Architecture, and in Technology, on data architecture.
· Guides the design and evolution of the L&Q Data Platform through its implementation
· Defines and communicates targets and roadmaps for enterprise-wide data management, covering domains including;
· Data storage and tools, performance, scalability, etc.
· Static and dynamic data models, taxonomies, and the standards and framework around them
· Data topology, federation, etc.
· Legal and regulatory compliance
· Data security, in collaboration with the Information Security team
· Reference, Master and Meta- data management
· Data quality management and enhancement
· Develops and evolves the L&Q Architecture Framework in respect of the Data domain
· Maintains data architecture documentation, inventories and models of elements of the data environment
· Reviews project data architectures and resolve issues, acting as final sign-off on data decisions in case of dispute
· Defines KPIs for data management
· Identifies and promotes opportunities for innovation in the use of data
· Identifies key data risks, and proposes mitigations
· To work closely, collaboratively and, to the extent possible, transparently with colleagues and stakeholders across all functions within Technology, and particularly with the Business and BI and Data Analytics, partnering to ensure the Technology division's communication with the business is well-managed
· To actively seek and visibly act on feedback, demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement
· Wherever possible and practical, to actively seek the contribution of delivery and operations teams in the definition of strategies, target and transition architectures
· Specific authorities as agreed in writing with the Director of Enterprise Architecture
· Approves all major data architecture change, and works closely with delivery Solution Architects to assist in the implementation of major change
· Acts as final sign-off on data decisions in case of dispute
· The role has no budgetary or financial authority unless explicitly delegated in writing by the Director of Enterprise Architecture
· There are no direct reports. Additional contract resources may be made available for defined work items subject to agreement with the Director of Enterprise Architecture
· The role is a member of the group-level Enterprise Architecture team, and will contribute to decision-making (other than that outlined above) through the various processes and groups which that team participates in, defines or convenes, including the being a core member of the Technical Design Authority and participating in the Strategic Architecture Board as requested from time to time
· No formal qualifications are essential, but a first degree or above in a numerate or technology discipline is highly desirable
· One or more data management, information security, or architecture certifications is an advantage
· 3+ years’ experience in a data role in a global, multi-cultural enterprise
· 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology roles
· Cloud-based data architecture patterns, particularly around Microsoft Azure platform
· The application of statistical and analytic tools & techniques to unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data
· Design and management of central data platforms
· Definition and implementation of data architectures, processes and standards
· Formal data modelling
· Structured project and programme management methods
· Pragmatic implementations of standard IT process and control frameworks, such as IT4IT, COBIT and TOGAF
· Engagement and influencing of stakeholders at all levels
· Clear and concise communication from engineer to C-Level
· Calm and assertive response to challenge
· Ability to reliably set and meet challenging deadlines under pressure, maintaining a structured approach
· Ability to work effectively on large projects in a distributed, multi-cultural team
· Works independently, taking personal responsibility for team success
· Provision of clear direction, guidance and advice on strategic and technical subjects
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.