Tax Accountant - Flexible Working Available
Are you a Tax Accountant with an amazing eye for detail? Do you love using your accounting knowledge to challenge and influence colleagues? Do you want to create fans in our amazing customer focusses Bank? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As Tax Accountant you will take responsibility for all aspects of the banks direct and indirect tax within asset and invoice finance. You will work closely with the Head of Tax and support them with all things Tax! This role is pivotal to our wonderful finance team, who provide integral financial information and advice, meaning that we can continue to grow at a rapid pace and create even more fans.
So what will you be doing?
• Preparing annual and quarterly VAT returns for the bank
• Providing accounting analysis to our external tax advisors
• Making sure the financial tax controls are in place for the preparation of Tax balance sheet reconciliations
• Supporting the Head of Tax on Property related matters such as stamp duty land tax and capital allowances
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You will need to hold the CTA certificate (Chartered Tax qualification) or an equivalent qualification
• In order to hit the ground running; you will have previous experience working either for a tax advisory firm or within a financial services company
• It would be advantageous if you have knowledge of asset and invoice finance
• Naturally you will have super excel skills
• If you have operational experience with direct or indirect tax that would be fantastic
• We need you to travel to Guildford from time to time, although the role primarily based in London
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!