MEP Commercial Manager
Lendlease is seeking a MEP Commercial Manager (QS or Senior QS) to join their Midlands region. Specifically, this role will be to work on a complex new build construction project in the East Midlands (Leicester). The role will be to commercially and financially manage the M&E packages of medium to high value through pre-construction, delivery and final account.
Job Purpose and Scope:
- To safeguard the financial and commercial interests of the company by managing and controlling commercial risk, income and expenditure
- Commercial & financial management of assigned building works packages (medium to high-value) through procurement to final account.
- Contributing to the delivery of the project in a timely, efficient, sustainable and safe manner whilst achieving commercial targets
- Meeting client expectations and enhancing the reputation of the business
- Management and supervision of Assistant Commercial Managers as the project progresses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- To run all commercial aspects from procurement to final account
Key Tasks and Activities:
- Understand and apply commercial & financial procedures and reporting systems
- Maintains detailed prelim forecasts and actual costs and intervenes were negative trends identified
- Report accurately to the monthly forecast final account
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the relationship between cost, value and profit
- Manages cash flow to the benefit of the project and business
- Supports the Project Manager to manage project risk and opportunities
- Carries out risk modelling
- Demonstrates an understanding of Notices and Payment Criteria
- Able to describe the implications of differing forms of contract and their appropriate usage
- Manages the change process in accordance with the contract
- Demonstrates an understanding of bonds, PCGs, Warranty Insurances and associated risks
- Demonstrates skills in the avoidance and defence of claims
- Manages risk associated with novated consultants
- Ensures that all contracts address environmental management and BREEAM requirements
- Buys robust packages demonstrating an understanding of package interfaces
- Applies framework agreements effectively where appropriate to maximise discounts and rebates
- Develops a procurement strategy in conjunction with supply chain services
- Prepares bid documentation to ensure a fully defined tender
Dimensions (skills, experience and capabilities):
- Quantity Surveying Degree or Construction related degree
- Holds or working towards RICS or CIOB
- Experience of working for a main Contractor as a commercial manager or quantity surveyor.
- Experience with tendering subcontract works packages of medium to high value.
- Able to prepare subcontract documentation ready for engrossment by external parties
- Experience of advanced word-processing, Excel spreadsheet packages and fully conversant with BIW
- Good understanding of building technology / construction methods
- Ability to read drawings and construction design information
- Valuing interim applications
- Agreeing site variations
- Preparation of internal monthly cost reports / cost to complete forecasts
- Knowledge of measurement and valuation techniques.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.