Test Data Manager - Flexible Working Available
Do you love working with large volumes of complex data? Can you articulate data safety measures to colleagues? Are you able to provide a world class service and create fans? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Testing team play a vital role in making sure that our systems are of the highest quality for colleagues and customers. As our Test Data Manager, you will be responsible for the test data strategy for Metro Bank. You will make sure the right test data is being deployed across many systems in multiple test environments.
So what will you be doing…
• Looking after all the data being used in testing environments
• Providing guidance on data structure, privacy and storage
• Identifying and introducing new technologies to help us improve test data capabilities
• Embedding confidence in colleagues around data testing activities
• Implementing a test data architecture
• Making sure customer data is protected at all times
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• As this role is working within testing and data, it goes without saying that you need to have relevant experience within these fields
• You will have a strong understanding of how databases work, with emphasis on Oracle or SQL. Experience of Delphix would also be helpful
• To exceed in this position you need to have excellent communication skills to be able to understand requirements and articulate them to other technical members of the team
• You need to have good knowledge about data security, and how to apply it to a testing process
• We would get really excited if you can indulge us with a wealth of knowledge around test data management tools such as Informatica
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!