Software Engineer - Workplace Pensions Lab -FP&R
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Financial Planning & Retirement Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
About the role:
Joining us as a Full Stack Engineer you'll play a key role in shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
You'll enable us to:
- Launch new financial products
- Extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
- Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
- Secure, update and maintain multiple content repositories
- Build responsive web pages using frameworks/tools such as Bootstrap, Flow and React
You'll be part of a cross-disciplinary Lab team in addition to being a highly valued member of our wider Engineering team. As part of these teams you'll demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
You'll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- You'll write modular, well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- You'll contribute to setting the strategic direction for how applications are developed within the team.
- You'll ensure software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community.
- You'll understand and apply industry innovation, and the sharing of knowledge to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure the implementation of solutions where appropriate.
- You'll also ensure applications are fast, secure and work across all manner of devices.
What we need from you:
- You'll have an understanding of Git, source code management and managing change.
- You'll know about agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium)
- You'll also have an understanding of how to develop low-latency, high-availability and performant application
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus between 10-20% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...