Dir, Business Development & Partnerships - Flexible Working Available
GOLFTV is looking for a Business Development & Partnerships Director to work with the Business Development & Partnerships team based in London. Reporting into the VP, Business Development & Partnerships, this role will support the team in contributing to the Discovery’s business development and partnership efforts.
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, the global leader in real-life entertainment and home of the Olympics in Europe, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The first-of-its-kind digital platform, will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device. The new venture from Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience.
- Contributing to identifying business development opportunities for Discovery Golf in the media, digital and ancillary business space, including content acquisition, distribution and digital partnerships, potential acquisitions and joint venture opportunities.
- Supporting the VP in negotiating joint ventures/partnerships in key markets.
- Identify opportunities to expand relationships and participate in deal negotiations for golf rights acquisition, digital distribution and marketing deals globally.
- Serve as key negotiator working with other teams such as Legal, Finance where appropriate, to establish and extend business relationships.
- Supporting the team in establishing and implementing global distribution strategy for Discovery Golf across all platforms (TV, digital, mobile, AVOD, SVOD) including approach to revenue, audience and brand growth
- Working closely with the VP to help liaise with the Eurosport Sports rights acquisition team and local BD/distribution teams on golf business objectives
- Developing strong working relationship with PGA TOUR International Media team
- Conducting research and gathering input from all relevant teams
- Sourcing market data and conducting independent research
- Communicating research findings and recommendations via power-point presentations and/or memos (i.e. structure storyline, present findings to the team and wider audiences as required)
- Liaising with external intermediaries and advisors as required
- Contributing creative and strategic thinking on projects and to challenge existing perceptions
- Use creativity to consider analytical problems from a range of angles
- Developing robust financial valuation models, business plans and other supporting analyses (have moved to further down)
- Working in alignment with Central and Regional teams on all digital business initiatives
- Building and managing relationships with a wide range of people across the organization
- Working proactively on tasks and assist different stages of deals with minimal supervision
- Previous working experience in corporate strategy, finance and/or business development functions
- Full-time experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or media company ideally with a subscription or OTT product
- Strong academic background, preferably masters or MBA level
- Strong analytical skills to drive strategic insight (and ability to develop scenario driven models and conduct financial analysis)
- Strong conceptual skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in both excel and powerpoint
- Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines
- Strong inter-personal skills – must be a team player and confident to liaise with senior management
- Experience of working in a diverse global matrix or US owned organisation
- Fluent English
- Proven capability in sourcing data and conducting research
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in working internationally and second European language a plus
- Passionate about working in digital, sports and the media industry