Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
At Amey we are proud to deliver a diverse range of services including Rail and Highways Maintenance, Consulting and Design, Utilities, and Facilities Management to contracts across the UK. As a PMO Manager at Amey you will work with our Shared Services leaders, cross functionally to deliver specific, measured results against a defined project framework.
What will this role involve?
- Manage the development and implementation of the Shared Service PMO and develop Shared Service project management framework
- Develop and implement frameworks tools and processes to support project managers in delivering their initiatives
- Develop, build capability in, and ensure adherence to, the shared service project management guidelines and practices, including information management, reporting, change control, risk & issue management and planning, to ensure effective, efficient, high quality delivery
- Support PM's in scoping, planning, and deliver projects, to meet an agreed set of business needs, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality
- Attend project meetings to identify and manage risks, issues and report back to the senior leadership team
- Regular programme reviews with the Shared Service leadership team, project request triage and assignment
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendation report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and support continuous improvement
- Manage a PMO analyst to support you in driving the PMO agenda
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a proactive and experience PMO Manager with demonstrable experience within a Shared Services setting. You should be comfortable overseeing multiple programmes at once, thriving on pace and change in a lively environment, whilst maintaining excellent organisational skills. This role requires an excellent communicator, and the ability to form meaningful working relationships at all levels of the business.
A degree or relevant professional qualification such as Prince 2 or APM is a must, as well as advanced IT skills and working knowledge of Sharepoint, Office 365 and the full MS Office suite.
An understanding of Amey's market would be highly beneficial.
What makes this role unique?
You will act as Bid Manager on tenders for tender opportunities and deputise for Senior Project Manager or Contract/Business Manager when required.