2nd Line Support Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Can you provide amazing technical support? Are you eager to use your infrastructure knowledge to resolve challenging incidents? Do you love helping colleagues? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a 2nd line support engineer you will be helping colleagues resolve technical issues, so that our Bank can continue to revolutionise the industry. Our 2nd line support team set up and monitor our infrastructure estate, investigating any incidents or near misses. You will act as a technical escalation point and use your knowledge to coach colleagues through resolutions as well as identifying areas for improvements and simplifications.
So what would you be doing?...
• Owning and resolving incidents within agreed service levels
• Raising and reviewing change requests of IT procedures and systems
• Troubleshooting technical issues to understand the impact, root cause and resolution
• Escalating any potential major incidents or threats
• Working with third party suppliers to co-ordinate repairs and implement recommended solutions
• Supporting the IT Operations team on infrastructure projects
• Making sure that service requests are compliant with the Bank’s security policies
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• In order to exceed in this role, you need to have a solid background of technical support and troubleshooting
• You will have demonstrable infrastructure knowledge and experience using Active Directory, Office 365 and MS Office / Windows 8.1 - 10
• It’s also really important that you are confident using a call management ticketing system
• Naturally, you will have excellent customer support and communication skills
• It would be amazing if you have worked within a Financial Services environment previously, however this is not necessary
- IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!