Project Manager (Business Improvement)
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
The Business Improvement function helps people across all parts of Amey to deliver sustainable change. It provides training and coaching to increase skill levels, the tools and infrastructure needed to support structured continuous improvement, and direct support to delivery teams on the most challenging improvement projects and programmes. Working with the business, it helps Amey to achieve its objectives and grow. Salary for this role will be 30K - 40K DOE.
What will this role involve?
* Developing a local improvement project strategy with emphasis on the appropriate levers (e.g. people, processes, or technology) for the principal activities and maturity of the allocated part of the business
* Delivering improvement and efficiency projects based on business plans and performance data
* Liaising with stakeholders and customers at all levels to gain sponsorship, support, and participation in improvement projects at the appropriate level
* Establishing process and performance measurement and management regimes to support project delivery
* Leading or supporting the delivery of improvement programmes / projects using appropriate structure and controls
* Developing the relevant aspects of the management system to support improvement e.g. review meetings, planning meetings, process and content management
* Leading allocated activities which cross functional, divisional, or contract boundaries
* Demonstrating a consistent approach to improvement using a standard Project Initiation Document (PID), consistent and appropriate programme management and analysis tools, and a standard business case format for every opportunity
* Preparing presentation, training, and promotional materials to support work winning and customer relationships, focussing on case studies with tangible benefits. You should deliver, or support the delivery of auditable and cashable savings that exceed the cost of any project resources deployed within a given year
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will be currently working in a similar position and have experience working within a projects team. You will be good at problem solving, have experience with analytics', be excellent in planning and organising, as well as having the technical knowledge.
You will also have facilitation skills and be able to build a consensus within diverse teams, you will be able to interpret patterns and trends from complex data, understanding (or be willing to learn) business improvement philosophies (Lean, Six Sigma) but sufficient experience to understand the appropriate aspects to apply to the business context
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for developing and supporting improvement projects and programmes that are aligned with the overall Amey business strategy. You will typically manage one large project or a small number of simultaneous projects - impacting on circa 100-1000 people