Directory Services Technician - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. We're motivated by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. We're investing £3bn into our People, Platforms and Data to become the best bank for customers and rapidly transforming into a leading UK FinTech.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
The Active Directory team underpins both the existing Bank Infrastructure as well as being a key enabler of our future direction being an integral part of our Identity Strategy. This is an opportunity to work in this critical environment supporting this key infrastructure providing Authentication and Authorisation services to our colleagues and applications.
As a Directory Services technician you will be working hands-on undertaking a variety of tasks ranging from break/fix incident support, problem root cause resolution, handling maintenance tasks and delivery of change.
You'll work with a variety of technologies such as Active Directory Domain Services, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services and DNS etc.
You'll be required to work as part of a team, working with other Technicians to deliver key initiatives whilst having your own individual deliverables to drive towards completion.
You'll need to ensure our environment remains secure and compliant to Bank and Regulators policies and Standards, and as such will work in a controlled environment ensuring access to our critical infrastructure is managed in a controlled manner.
Key Capabilities & Knowledge:
We are looking for colleagues with the following skills, experiences and capabilities, or demonstrating a key aptitude to develop in these areas :-
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD-DS), including knowledge of Active Directory Structure, Group Policy and Authentication methods
- Azure Active Directory and supporting tools such as Azure Active Directory Connect
- Foundational level of understanding of Azure Active Directory Hybrid Identity
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Name Resolution via DNS and WINS
- Active Directory Lightweight Services (AD-LDS )
You'll have experience of working in a team environment; demonstrating an ability to self-manage pieces of work. Additionally you'll possess strong communication skills; needing to communicate complex technical issues and solutions, to a variety of Stakeholders with differing technical knowledge. Knowledge of other Active Directory / Identity tools such as FIM, Quest Change Auditor and Active Roles would be an advantage as would be a foundation level of understanding of scripting in Batch, Visual basic script and PowerShell and Agile and Systems thinking.
We expect our technicians to have a good round understanding of IT Technology particularly in the Windows world as well as becoming specialists in Active Directory Technology
You should also be prepared to provide 24x7 support to the supported platforms but outside of this we could consider working patterns that work for everyone.
What we'll need from you:
- Experience of Active Directory Domain Services Infrastructure support, e.g. Group Policy, Kerberos
- Windows Server Operating system knowledge e.g. W2012+ Server
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies, i.e. Azure Active Directory
- Enterprise level understanding of use of Active Directory e.g. Resilience, Security configuration and protection
- Experience of Authentication services such as ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services)
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Flex cash sum
- Discretionary bonus
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the
principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.