This is a permanent role paying up to £43,000 + Benefits. Located in Canary Wharf.
Nest is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from all of the nine protected characteristics. Applications from part time workers and job shares are welcome.
The Programmes Directorate is responsible for ensuring that technology, service, organisational and operational change is implemented in a controlled, timely and commercial manner. The Department also oversees the execution of a range of significant NEST Corporation projects.
Programmes’ responsibilities include:
- Programme & Project Delivery Programme & Project Planning and Tracking Programme & Project Reporting Issue and Risk Management Change Management Quality Assurance Configuration Management Project Management guidance and support across NEST
The team also support the CEO and Executive Team with preparation for various boards and other governance functions.
Experience and technical skills
The employee will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- Experience of maintaining complex project, programme or portfolio plans using MS Project (or equivalent planning tool).
- Experience of working in a project office or P3O, using structured methods.
- Ability to determine the best ways of presenting information using a variety of tools.
- Ability to develop, prepare and improve a range of project documentation in appropriate formats to help stakeholders understand key aspects of the project or programme e.g. process maps, plans on a page, highlight reports, RAID reports and so on.
- Experience of using MS Excel and MS Visio to manipulate data for analysis and reporting.
- Experience of working with third parties, especially consultants, is an advantage.
- Experience of setting up a PMO is a great advantage.
Personal attributes required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work in a complex environment in which judgement, confidentiality and discretion need to be exercised.
- A commitment to team working and team spirit.
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- The ability to prioritise own workload and deliver against demanding deadlines.
- Self-motivation, drive and determination to deliver results.
- Intellectually rigorous and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Rigour in following or improving established processes.
Education, qualification and professional membership requirements
- Qualification in Prince2, PMI, MSP, MoP (or other OGC/change management method) would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of the MS product suite including Project, Excel and Visio.
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint and Project Server (desirable).
The application close date is Wednesday 16th October.