IT Service Desk Analyst - Reading - Flexible Working Available
Are you at the beginning of your IT career and looking for a role with exposure to a wide range of technologies? Can you solve challenging problems whilst providing amazing customer support? Do you love helping colleagues so that they are able to create fans? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our IT Service Desk team are highly visible across the Bank and play a vital role in providing amazing technical support to our colleagues. As an IT Service Desk Analyst, you will champion IT support and act as a single point of contact for all IT incidents and service requests. You will work closely with multiple IT teams as well as third party suppliers in order to resolve any problems as quickly and effectively as possible whilst providing amazing customer service. The IT support team offer 24/7 support so to be considered for this role you must be flexible with working shifts.
So what would you be doing?...
• Delivering IT Service Desk support to all Metro Bank colleagues
• Troubleshooting and logging any technical issues received via phone call or ticket in the IT Service Management tool
• Making sure that technical issues are resolved as quickly as possible
• Escalating any potential major incidents or threats
• Working with third party suppliers to co-ordinate repairs and implement recommended solutions
• Looking after incidents and service requests against defined service level objectives (SLO)
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• A background in technical support and troubleshooting would be really helpful
• It would also be great if you have a basic understanding of LAN and WAN principles
• If you have experience with helpdesk incident and problem management tools that would be fantastic
• Naturally, you will have excellent customer support and communication skills
• It would be amazing if you have a degree in IT or a similar discipline however this is not necessary
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!