Operational Safety Advisor
We are looking to appoint an experienced Operational Safety Advisor within our FMDJ business focusing specifically on our Scottish Schools & FM accounts.
Amey are proud to deliver Facilities Maintenance services to Schools across the UK; creating high quality learning environments together with local authorities. As an OSA you will provide HSEQ expertise to our thriving Scottish accounts, helping us to create better places every day.
In this key role you will work alongside our management teams, providing tactical support, information and guidance necessary for the operations team to deliver their service in a safe and compliant manner.
What will this role involve?
In this varied and exciting role you will work alongside another Operational Safety Advisor in this area, and report to the central HSEQ team. You will be a pivotal member of the team providing HSEQ expertise to our operational staff. Duties will include:
- Provide prompt and accurate advice to all staff on the requirement laid out within the FMDJ Health, Ssafety, Environment and Quality Management system and its related documents.
- Coach, guide & mentor relevant staff in their specific duties and requirements as depicted within the IMS
- Assisting the Accounts to maintain their own HSEQ documentation
- In Conjunction with Management teams, ensure appropriate appointments are made in relation to key HSEQ roles as detailed in the IMS including BUIC, CoSHH, First Aid etc
- Support the preparation of the account level HSEQ assurance plan & monitor performance
- Assist accounts with their preparation with HSEQ external audits
- Develop in conjunction with account and functional management teams corrective action plans to address identified HSEQ performance deficiencies (i.e. items raised from audits, inspections, close calls, investigations etc)
- Assist with the close out of corrective action plans including producing performance data to enable accounts to manage such plans effectively
- Undertake account level HSEQ audits and inspections in line with the annual HSEQ business audit plan ensuring all findings are reported and actioned by account teams in a timely manner.
- Attend Account HSEQ Meetings and other account meetings to ensure attendees are updated on current HSEQ matters including performance activity and change requirements of the IMS
- Monitor developments in legislation, client requirements and in industry / sector best practice and disseminate to Accounts & HSEQ
- Provide support to all mobilisation and de-mobilisation activities as required.
- Create HSEQ related material (Safety Alerts, dedicated HSEQ campaigns, TBT's etc.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on specific work stream(s) as detailed in the IMS, ensuring all related procedures and documents contained on the IMS are suitable and sufficient
What are we looking for?
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum technical membership of IOSH
- Strong understanding of safety management systems polices and strategies within an asset intensive engineering environment.
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation.
- Possess a well-structured, systematic approach with the ability to identify and analyse complex technical issues and understand risks to enable you to implement appropriate solutions.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to conduct incident and accident investigations and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause
- Able to undertake audits to current versions of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001.