Customer Service Advisor
An opportunity for a full time Customer Service Advisor has become available to work for a local council at either Bishops Stortford or Hertford, as part of the Customer Service team.
Salary: £20,953 - £24,445 (inclusive of local weighting)
Hours: Full time are 8:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday - Part-time working and job share may be considered
Location: Bishops Stortford or Hertford
Closing Date: 31st October
About the Role
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual committed to excellence in their work and with a passion for resolving customer enquiries at first point of contact. If successful, the Customer Service Advisor will assist across all aspects of customer contact for the service including responding to emails, telephone enquiries, face to face enquiries and web forms.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Customer Service Advisor include:
- Answering customer enquiries at first point of contact.
- Contributing to the achievement of Service Level Agreements and key performance indicators.
- Collaborating with colleagues throughout the business to deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Providing information to customers with general enquiries, taking payments and assisting with transactions.
- Assisting customers with online services.
The Customer Service Advisor role will suit an individual who enjoys dealing with contact with customers, resolving issues and problem solving. You will need to be focused and passionate about customer service
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive customer service experience.
- The ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to motivate people around them.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful.
About the Organisation
East Herts is consistently rated as amongst the best areas in the country to live, with excellent schools and healthcare, a huge array of green space, beautiful waterways, unique market towns and picturesque villages
Whatever the role, everyone contributes to delivering great services to the local community. The vision is to preserve the unique character of East Herts and ensure it remains one of the best places to live and work.
Our client is dedicated to staff development and individual success within a team framework. To help their staff deliver, they provide a supportive work environment, development opportunities and work to help everyone achieve their potential, whilst enjoying a positive work-life balance.
- A variety of flexible working options available, including part-time working, job share, compressed hours and home working
- Flexi-time scheme
- Free tea and coffee
- Local Government pension scheme
- Generous annual leave
- A range of discounts including high street retailers and local leisure centres
- Professional environment where your career path really matters and your development is supported by the organisation
- Flexible and supportive team
You may also have experience as a Customer Service Officer, Customer Service Agent, Customer Service.