Business Development / Relationship Manager
Cloud Employee is an innovative offshore recruitment and staffing company with offices in London and the Philippines. We are directly solving the growing global IT skills shortage by providing tech companies based in Europe, the US, and Australia with software developers who work from our fully managed offices in the Philippines.
Having been launched in 2014 by British entrepreneurs Nick Hargreaves and Seb Hall, we have rapidly grown to a team of over 200 staff with revenues surpassing £4 million per annum.
We are seeking driven individuals to join our international sales team working from our offices in Victoria, London. This is an excellent chance for you to be part of a fun, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial business with excellent earning potential. You will be working closely with and reporting to one of the company's co-founders on a daily basis working on business development and client retention.
- Hours per week is 20 > 40. Negotiable with candidates.
- Hours per week are fixed at the outset but negotiable to fit around the successful applicant's typical schedule.
- The role can be a mixture of working from home and the offices in Victoria, London.
- Reduced hours doing school holidays is negotiable.
The successful Business Developer Manager will be tasked to:
- Take a lead role in pro-actively building sales opportunities using all available channels
- Create and execute an ongoing business development strategy to identify and approach new SME business clients looking to hire software engineers
- Handle inbound warm enquiries and manage introductory sales pitches to a range of UK international businesses
- Work as part of a team in London and with Expats based in the Philippines
- Qualify leads and connect them to the recruitment team who handle the candidate headhunting and placements
- Provide ongoing relationship management to existing clients with lunches etc and build long-term relationships
- Run exhibition stands at tech and business events, trade shows, and conferences around the UK and Europe
- Travel around London and, occasionally, the rest of the UK for client and new business meetings
- Conduct regular follow-up calls and calling through an extensive lead list of previous enquiries
*We will equip you with an entire lead generation team to help with your marketing outreach program and drive growth.
- 8+ years of experience in sales, business development, or recruitment
- Self-motivated and committed
- Pro-active, responsible and accountable for own work
- A natural communicator—confident in both meetings and to pick up the phone
- Friendly and approachable
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Effective when handling large amounts of information and working methodically and accurately
- Strong writing communication skills
- An understanding of programming languages will help but is certainly not essential and can be quickly learnt on the job
- Motivated “can-do” attitude
- An existing network of SME contacts with IT and software development staff requirements is beneficial but not essential
- A background in software sales, IT recruitment, and the like will be beneficial but not essential
- An attractive base salary and recurring commission structure based on building your own book of clients
- Full training program
- One business class trip to the Philippines per annum (optional)
- The opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing company at an exciting stage of its development, and the opportunity to work closely with an entrepreneur co-founder with several years of experience in sales, marketing, and finance.
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities once training has been completed
- Work from a private office in We Work Victoria’s vibrant space with on-tap barista-made coffee, pantry, table tennis, lounge areas, beer and prosecco Fridays, changing rooms and community events/programs to have fun and network.