Accounts Clerk - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and talented Accounts Clerk within our Rail and Electrification business unit to work on the Barking Riverside Extension.
The Accounts Clerk will support the supervisors and cost office manager to ensure the smooth operation of an effective accounts payable function to the Project.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
- Processing paper and e-invoices and credits onto the COINS accounting system
- Invoice costing and delivery tickets entry
- Arranging approval for payments
- Setting up and checking payment runs
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from suppliers and subcontractors, and the wider business
- Reconciling supplier statements and resolving reconciling items
- Filing and organising paperwork in a timely, efficient and organised manner
- Giving administrative support where required
- Sound educational background, educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 passes at grade C or above including Maths and English
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience of accounts payable work is desirable
- Previous experience of working with a computerised ledger system is desirable
Read more about our Rail work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/rail
Transport for London (TfL) awarded a £196 million contract to a joint venture of Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure and VolkerFitzpatrick (MSVF) to extend the London Overground to Barking Riverside.
The 4.5km extension of the Gospel Oak to Barking line, one of the major projects in TfL’s Business Plan, is an intrinsic part of the Barking Riverside development, a 180-hectare site on the northern bank of the River Thames that will become home to one of London’s most significant housing developments.
Preparation work for the extension will commence immediately, with main construction due to start in early 2019 and train services commencing from late 2021. Under the contract, MSVF will deliver:
- A 4.5km extension to Barking Riverside, from the Tilbury Loop Line between Barking and Dagenham Dock stations to Barking Riverside
- Reconfiguration of Network Rail’s Ripple Lane goods yard to allow the extension to connect to the Tilbury Loop
- Construction of a viaduct over the Ripple Lane yard. This will require the viaduct to be built over the Tilbury Loop and foundations constructed between the HS1 tunnels
- Continuation of the viaduct for a further 1.5km over Renwick Road and into the heart of Barking Riverside
- Construction of a new terminus station within the Barking Riverside town square. The station will have step-free access from street to train.
The London Overground extension will deliver a sustainable public transport alternative to car travel and link Barking Riverside into London’s wider public transport network through connections at Barking, with District and Hammersmith & City services and c2c services to London Fenchurch Street and Essex.
The service will operate with four trains an hour and feature electric London Overground trains with air-conditioning and walk-through carriages, for customer comfort.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.