Data Analyst – Contract role - Flexible Working Available
A fantastic contract opportunity has arisen within a funded start-up, currently in the process of building a B2B data intelligence platform. The company work within the online gambling space so any previous experience within the industry would be advantageous but not essential. The company are leaders in supporting diversity and inclusion and are a family friendly employer.
This is a full-time, contract opportunity running until Christmas 2019 and can be worked flexibly. Offices are based in Angel, Islington and homeworking is encouraged. Candidates would be expected to be present in the office for around 2 – 3 days per week and the client are happy to assess the amount of office time needed case-by-case for individual candidates. They also encourage applications from candidates looking to condense their working week over 4 days.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Investigate business objectives via data and deliver analysis and recommendations to leadership team
- Develop a range of interactive Power BI dashboards and associated data frames that allow clients to self-serve information
- Help to translate prototype dashboards into requirements for enterprise delivery
- Translate analytical outputs into easily digestible insights for clients
- Collaborate with the data science team to create visualisations of their predictive models, within a DevOps (DataOps) environment
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or similar
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Highly proficient in Power BI, both building dashboards and creating the underlying datasets
- Some knowledge of PySpark a bonus