Account Manager - Flexible Working Available
Key Account Manager
Most of us will spend around 80,000 hours at work in our lifetimes.
For something that takes up that much of our time, we think people deserve to get more out of it than just a regular pay cheque.
That's why we've already helped more than 11 million people across 75 countries to make work better. We’re working to attract more people to our community to grow it to 100,000 organisations. And we want you to help us get there.
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our vibrant strategic accounts team.
You’ll be the face of Investors in People for our clients, building long term relationships with them as their trusted people partner and representing our brand, products and reputation. You will plan goals and objectives for our strategic accounts to ensure business goals (e.g. for renewal) are met.
You will contribute to the success of the business by working closely with Practitioners to ensure client needs are met and high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved. You will collaborate with the internal team providing client and Practitioner insight to help us improve our products and product delivery.
Are you looking for a job that really matters? A position where your abilities can shine, and you can own the progress and success of your work?
You love challenge, responsibility, a varied, fast paced working environment and opportunities for real development.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be part of a team of Account Managers, organised by [sector/geography], united in ensuring that our clients have such an amazing experience with us that we build a relationship with them for life.
Reporting into the Head of the South/Head of Enterprise you’ll spend most of your time putting the client at the centre by:
- speaking with them on a regular basis to check in and if appropriate proposing new solutions to add value to their organisation.
- consistently assessing, clarifying, and validating customer requirements, needs, and goals through ongoing dialogue. Being responsible for customer satisfaction and managing any client complaints.
- Providing on-going support throughout the whole customer journey.
- using this to create and implement bespoke account Plans for all strategic accounts with short-term objectives and long-term goals along with clearly defined steps to reach them.
- monitoring the quality of delivery to clients, sharing good practice and lessons learnt with the practitioner community
- proactively establishing and strengthening relationships with stakeholders in client accounts, ensuring they are professional and productive
- coordinating with other departments and teams to provide client insights to help product development and marketing campaigns also inputting into the customer journey, identifying opportunities for adding value to the client,
- ensuring renewal/retention, upselling and cross selling objectives and performance goals are met
- working closely with the client engagement team and practitioners to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
In a bit more detail this means you will be:
- Nourishing, building, and growing our existing relationships with our key clients.
- Working with our existing and new accounts and will to be the main point of contact for our company.
- You’re essentially our clients’ Trusted Partner and will be responsible for their success using our tools.
- You’ll be on the front-lines of relationship and account management, and you must own the success of our clients.
Ideally your skills, experience and qualifications include:
- Proactive and motivated to go above and beyond to keep customers happy.
- Deep understanding of the typical challenges organisations face, gained through lived experience of managing or being involved in them (e.g. rapid expansion).
- A problem-solving mentality.
- Superior communication skills (both written and oral) and comfortable presenting and speaking to senior-level executives.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple moving parts and accounts simultaneously.
- A fast learner that can hit the ground running and learn our products inside and out quickly (to help our clients understand their potential value).
- An outside of the box thinker with proven experience developing creative solutions to clients’ out of the ordinary problems.
- Ability to balance diverse priorities whilst always putting the client first- their success is our success!
- Leadership skills with an empathetic, humanist approach
- Demonstrable prior experience/skills in Account Management, Sales, and/Learning and Development/Organisational development.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience using SAM, KAM, CRM platforms (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics) preferred.
Be part of our future…
You want to be part of a movement? A community that’s working towards something bigger, something that’ll make a difference.
We are an ambitious team, with a real sense of purpose and a vibrant culture. We have a genuine focus on learning and development. We offer good perks, including flexible working and a company-wide bonus scheme. Oh, and the community spirit is great, and our offices are nice and central, with a gym and staff restaurant on site. What’s not to like!
…and the future of work
Our work is work, which means we’re focussed on the three billion people who are employed globally (not much to keep us busy then).
Most of us will spend around 80,000 hours at work during our lifetimes. For something that takes up that much of our time, we think people deserve to get more out of it than just a monthly pay cheque. That’s why we’ve started a movement to make work better, to put people first and care about their work-life balance.
We’re a Community Interest Company that’s focused on making improvements, not profit. So, if you share our passion for making work better, join us and be part of the future of work. You’ll be helping to build a stronger, healthier, happier society, and it doesn’t get much more rewarding than that.