Senior CAD Technician
Within Amey Consulting our multidisciplinary team encompasses roads, bridges, civil structures, rail, utilities traffic and transportation and due to our increased workload, we are looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineering Technician within the Scotland team. You will be tasked with working on practical engineering design solutions to meet our clients needs.
As the Senior Civil Engineering Technician, you will be tasked with:
- Analysis and design of highways and drainage or structural design, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Highways design using AutoCAD and/or Civils 3D
- Structural design / refurbishment projects using AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Site visits to carry out inspections and basic surveying.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings.
- Assist in the production of drawing information and undertake quality reviews prior to use.
- Over see the delivery of projects, supporting senior civil engineering staff with design.
- Support junior engineers and technicians.
To be successful as the Senior Civil Engineering Technician you will have:
- HNC / HND / Foundation Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Proven experience using Civil 3D or Bentley MX or Open Roads or Micro Drainage.
- Experience of delivering competent civil engineering designs.
- DMRB and local authority design guideline knowledge.
- Ability to lead junior technicians.
- Good understanding of H&S, CDM and other legislations relevant to the business.
As the Senior Civil Engineering Technician, you can expect to receive a competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits along with the wider opportunity of working within a multi-disciplined team coupled with the support of further professional development.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.