Project Manager - Returners Program (6 month Fixed term contract)
Back to the Future: Returners Programme
We know that returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect, which is why we are offering a Returnship Program which is here to help. Our Returners Program is a 6-month placement which has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between taking a career break of two years or more and re-entering the workplace. We want you to capitalise on your existing experience, refresh your skills and knowledge whilst equipping you with the confidence to return to work. It gives meaningful experience, with the wraparound of coaching, mentoring support and training.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Global Project Management Team, a friendly group from a diverse background, committed to making our Customers Happy and dedicated to continuously improving the way we do business.
Siemens Lincoln is a world class provider of training and development in all aspects of rotating machinery with special focus on the Small Gas Turbine fleet (SGT) designed and built in Lincoln. These are the industrial counterparts to the aero derivative developed by Sir Frank Whittle for the aviation industry.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Have a look at this video which is of two of our employees who joined our Returners Programme last year- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6HBE2-bvAs
What support can I expect?
- Mentoring - A mentor and buddy will be assigned to support your introduction and ongoing personal development within Siemens
- Training - As part of the Project Management Team, support will be on hand with on the job training
- Additional training - Siemens offers a range of training courses and these will be considered and offered to you
- Induction - A comprehensive induction to the business will be given allowing you to get a deep understanding and appreciation for the various functional teams you may be engaged with
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Working within the Global Project Management team you will manage small scale internal projects, such as digitalization and business process improvements
- Ensure that projects meet agreed budgets and timescales
- Project planning and reporting
- Motivate and lead project team
- Monitor project performance and manage risks
- Qualified Project Manager preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in Project Management
- Previous experience working in an engineering environment
- Good Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Focussed on Customer Service / Satisfaction
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- You enjoy working with others and being collaborative
Situated in Lincoln, we offer modern well equipped facilities based in one of the biggest developments that Siemens committed to in the past 10 years in the UK and are fortunate enough to be located in a progressive and vibrant city which houses one the country’s leading Universities focused on Engineering. Siemens has it’s own footprint in the University campus offering the latest in rotating machinery training and development.
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and holiday allowance. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you have any questions, just get in touch with our Recruiter- email@example.com