Project Administrator (part-time, fixed-term contract)
This is a position for an experienced, organised and methodical administrator who can provide critical support in helping us to promote the work business schools do in supporting small and growing businesses in the UK. This is an exciting time for the Small Business Charter (SBC) which is run by the Chartered Association of Business Schools. This role is responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of the SBC, liaising with business schools who are preparing to be assessed, managing the assessors, and organising the Management Board.
The Small Business Charter is a national kitemark awarded to business schools that successfully support small businesses, student entrepreneurship and drive local economic growth right across the UK. The role includes communicating with senior level business school academics and small business owners.
To apply: applicants must send a CV and a covering letter to explain how they meet the requirements of the role set out below. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The post holder will:
- Maintain accurate records on school assessments dates and providing relevant material for all involved.
- Arranging the assessors and being the point of liaison between assessors and schools.
- Arranging award renewal notices and following up until payment is received.
- Helping to maintain accurate records on the website.
- Liaising with the Chair to arrange dates and papers for Management Board meetings.
- Acting as secretariat for Management Board meetings; issuing agendas, taking and circulating minutes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing award holders, helping them to understand the award and ensuring they are prompted to renew and re-apply for the award.
- To help guide new schools through the assessment process, especially in terms of the expectations of the assessors.
- To help with the administration of SBC events, for example circulating joining papers, keeping records of attendees, etc.
- From interactions with business schools, pass on suggestions for relevant events to provide for SBC Award holding business schools.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate relationship management contact records and the key documents required to administer the award scheme.
- Ability to engage with and develop long term working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to support the management of successful, complex projects to budget and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Confidence to make recommendations to stakeholders and to manage expectations.
- Ability to work at a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and working well under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to think creatively and under own initiative.
- Administration experience
- Basic financial administration
- Project management
- Developing and implementing new ideas/ projects
- Working with a number of different stakeholders
- Servicing a Board; preparing agendas, taking minutes, etc.
- Dealing sensitively and responding appropriately to a variety of stakeholders
Desired experience and qualifications:
Ideally the candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- Working in or with an SME and/or a business school or university.
- Knowledge of universities and higher education.