Digital Learning Designer
Willmott DixonWillmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.Willmott Dixon is looking to recruit a Digital Learning Designer to take responsibility for engaging with the business to understand their learning needs and responding with designing interactive, quality online learning solutions. The successful candidate will be customer focused and happy to undertake some travel to our regional offices throughout the UK.
Learning and Development is at the heart of Willmott Dixon and everything we do so we are looking for someone who has an appetite and passion for learning and can inspire others. Duties and responsibilities include:Teamwork/ Stakeholder engagement
- Engage with all business areas to identify and understand their learning objectives and advise on new opportunities to support this through multimedia learning content.
- Work closely with colleagues in the People team to coordinate and enhance learning and development initiatives and ensure a positive, high-quality learner experience.
- Respond to content briefs from stakeholders within specified timelines.
- Support teams from across the business to maximise use of learning content.
- Create and publish a wide range of new, interactive and quality online learning content (e.g. videos, webinars, e-learning, vlogs) for use across the business which supports business priorities and wider training opportunities.
- Regularly review and update learning content on the Learner Management System to ensure that the user experience is kept fresh, current and engaging.
- Develop innovative and impactful approaches to multimedia learning content which builds on good practice.
- Maximise user engagement with online learning content through search engine optimisation, indexing, ranking and click throughs.
- Edit and proofread learning content prior to publication to ensure quality.
- Identify business-relevant topics for new content development.
- Promote learning content through internal networks and build user engagement.
Tracking of content
- Track and analyse the impact of content.
- Monitor traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates).
- Develop and implement a sustainable and cohesive multimedia strategy which builds on good practice to create, distribute and measure the impact of learning content.
- Continually develop your knowledge of multi-media content and ensure this is kept up to date and relevant.
- Creative thinker with a demonstrable passion and experience of generating high-quality and engaging learning content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and editing skills in English.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with a commitment to continuous improvement and excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Proactive and highly organised self-starter, with strong planning and problem-solving skills and a commitment to meeting business and customer needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an ability to connect with people at all levels across the business.
- A qualification in Digital Marketing, Communications or other relevant field is desirable but not essential as training will be provided where appropriate.
- Hands-on experience with Learner and/ or Content Management Systems and digital publishing.
- Proven success in working with stakeholders to develop innovative multimedia content.
Additional InformationWillmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.