Part Time Support Worker
3 days left
- Contract Type
Do you have experience working with disabled people? Do you have excellent attention to detail?
I am a digital copywriter, which means I write marketing materials for businesses. I am blind, therefore I require visual support to do my job effectively.
As a support worker, your role will be to support me with visual aspects of my work. You will be working under my direction to enable me to complete tasks that I cannot complete independently, due to my visual impairment.
Job tasks you'll be supporting me with include:
Digital Marketing and Copywriting
- Describing visual aspects of documents and websites in detail.
- Completing research.
- Reading inaccessible documents and websites aloud.
- Working on formatting and presentation of documents, websites, social media posts and other communications.
- Finding appropriate images and basic image editing.
- Describing images in detail.
Meetings and Events
- Driving me to meetings and events.
- Assisting me to navigate around venues.
- Discretely keeping me informed of relevant visual communication.
- Making documents accessible.
- Reading and organising printed materials.
- Filling out inaccessible forms.
You'll have a core working week of 20 hours. This will be 5 mornings per week, which should usually fit within school hours.
You'll work up to an extra 8 hours per month in order to attend networking events and any other meetings. We can have a more detailed chat about hours at interview and if you're offered the job.
In your application, please explain how you meet all the essential criteria and as many of the desirable criteria as possible.
- Experience working with disabled people.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good command of the English language.
- Excellent research skills.
- Experience using image editing software.
- Ability to describe images and design clearly.
- Ability to perform tasks as directed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A full UK driving licence and car that you are happy to use for work. Travel expenses will be re-imbursed.
- Experience working with blind or visually impaired people.
- Experience supporting a disabled person at work.
- Experience working in education, community engagement or for a disability charity.
- Experience working with websites.
- Digital marketing experience.
- Friendly working environment.
- Salary of £12 per hour, which works out as £23088 per annum pro rata, plus travelling expenses.
- A part time job to enable you to manage other commitments or just have more free time than you would with a full time job.
- Workplace pension.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, explaining how you meet all the essential criteria as well as any of the desirable criteria.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references.
Apply for Part Time Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly