Commercial Managers (Quantity Surveyors)
Lendlease are currently recruiting for Commercial Managers (Quantity Surveyors) to work on a major public sector project. Initially this role will be based in our Birmingham office for the pre-construction and then move to site in the Leicestershire region.
- Operating individually, contribute to the preparation of purchasing reports, receipts and acknowledgement of materials and supplies and contribute to the preparation of internal construction works reporting.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of proper documentation, systems and processes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness of site administration processes and service for stakeholders, ensuring activities comply with legislative and statutory regulations.
- Liaison with external suppliers to manage the efficient provision of scaffolding supplies and waste management services as directed and within defined parameters.
- Contribute to preparation of construction works contracts, ensuring all necessary documentation is distributed and processed, all amendments are accurately recorded, and appropriate approval and sign off is provided to support efficient site management activities;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a construction related discipline, combined with an advanced knowledge of role.
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor in a main contracting environment is required.
- Experience in a site coordinator role, and knowledge of the construction or real estate development industry, and understanding of contract administration process.
- Computing skills with capabilities in using Word and Excel, may also require experience in using accounting software.
- Strong planning and organising skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively within strict time frames.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain relationships and coordinate internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Customer Focus, Interpersonal Ability, Planning and Organising, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.