Senior UX Designer
From flexible hours to job sharing where possible, we're committed to providing a truly healthy work life balance.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday
35 hours per week
09:00 - 17:30
Please upload your portfolio alongside your CV
We have a number of different ways to work flexibly so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, it may open the door to not only a new role but a new way of working.
Duties & Responsibilities
Please note, this role sits within the Waitrose Digital team, rather than eCommerce.
As Partners in Digital at Waitrose & Partners we all play a part in creating amazing products and services our customers love and to help deliver the profitable growth that sustains the Partnership for the future. Everyday in every way our Partners set about to engineer amazing in Digital. Watch our video below to learn what it means to Partners who are leading this Digital Development.
Waitrose & Partners is in a very exciting place.
We have a rapidly expanding digital arm that is blending beautifully with our bricks and mortar to provide seamless and innovative customer experiences.
You are a very skilled and experienced end-to-end UX Designer who has a portfolio to prove it. You can demonstrate working from discovery stage to finished product, with a clearly defined process for each stage in between. You have a great eye for detail, are confident in your UX expertise and are able to communicate clearly and translate ideas to stakeholders and team members alike. Importantly, you know when a sketch is sufficient and a high fidelity prototype is overkill. In fact, you have a canny grasp on ‘working lean’ so that you create just enough to validate your work and get you to the next stage, continually checking in to ensure you are never wasting time or effort, but relentlessly delivering actionable insight.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
– Working Agile as part of an efficient and multi-disciplined delivery team
– Sketching, wireframing and prototyping to design seamless user flows and intuitive user interfaces for evaluation
– Exploring these ideas with a healthy test and learn approach using hypothesis-driven user validation from quick-and-dirty guerilla testing to dedicated, in-depth lab-testing with recruited participants
– Creating fully-annotated UX specifications to provide instruction and guidance to your team colleagues
– Capturing user stories in Jira tickets with clear goals, hypotheses and acceptance criteria to inform the work
Please see attached job description for further information.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
– Related degree or equivalent in practical experience
– Excellent knowledge and experience in designing for responsive digital products
– AGILE scrum experience: working in sprints with backlogs and feature sets
– Solid experience of sketching, wireframing and prototyping to visualise your ideas – from 6-up sketching to high fidelity, interactive prototypes
– Fluency in industry software including Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and Jira
– Excellent communication, project management, and organisational skills
– Good experience in workshop planning and facilitation
– Strong advocate and good working knowledge of designing to Accessibility standards
Desirable experience skills and qualifications
Please note the following:
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: 2 year reference check
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
- It is advisable to carefully consider your answers to each of the 3 questions that are asked as part of the last section in the application form. Tailoring your answers to highlight your relevance to the role in question may help you to secure an interview.