Software Engineer - Flexible Working Available
As the Bank moves to building out a strategic roadmap, both from an application infrastructure and tooling, Payments Fraud and Financial Crime Value Stream are embracing this and building capability to do enable this transformation. The Payment Microservices Team is an Agile based delivery team, building key strategic microservices for the Payments estate, supporting a number of Category A services for the organisation.
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can work within a dynamic team, to build, test, release and support microservices, using a DevOps toolchain.
Want to know more?
You'll be hands on taking on a technical engineering role, supporting the building, developing and maintaining of a highly productive software engineering team instilled with the ethos of delivering high quality solutions. You'll take ownership for backlog items, quality of build and test and ensure error free deployments into the Production estate, seeking methods (tooling / reviews) to ensure high standards and are in line with expectations for High Availability, Group Critical solutions and will contribute to the support of the new platform.
About the role:
You'll also have a proven track record in Software Engineering, integration and introduction of 3rd Party packages/tools, coupled with solution configuration, message transformation and rules-based engineering into a production environment. You'll have strong interpersonal skills, proven development and support experience with a thirst for developing self and mentoring colleagues to maximise their potential.
So what will you be doing for us?
- Support the leadership team in setting the strategic direction for how new DevOps tools, methods and standards are deployed across the platform
- Ensure that software is managed and configured/developed in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and standard methodologies that exist across the wider Engineering community
- Foster sharing knowledge within your team and the wider platform to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
- Delivery of change, within and outside of value stream
- Support to the Scrum Master and Product Owner in development of the feature team capability
- Capable of co-ordinating a small team of 10+ colleagues and partners and providing technical direction
- A trusted advisor in PAS and platform related matters to partners external to Engineering team, E.g. BUCF, Audit, Global Payments
- Engineering Leadership on 3rd Party relationships with partner, industry and software suppliers
- Mentor and develop software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth
This role is a London based but the you'll be expected to undertake some occasional travel depending on team demands.
What we need from you:
- Strong Software Engineering including a support and service background
- Experience of agile, dev ops and non-agile development practices; automated build, continuous integration, code quality metrics, configuration management, etc.
- Technical and practical usage skills in Urban Code, Jenkins, Springboot, MQ, Websphere, Unix, Java, WAS and Jira/Confluence
- Experience of Payments schemes and services
- Experience of working in an Agile/feature team is also an advantage
- Identification and ownership of Operational Risks to Risk Manager
▪ Understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
▪ Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
▪ Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
▪ Understand and ensure industry standard methodologies are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
▪ Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
▪ Typically operates in more complex environments.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your dream, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
We're also passionate about diversity and providing genuine equal opportunities...
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you passionate about joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...