Assistant Delivery Manager – Data Transformation - Flexible Working Available
Our client, a well-established charity is looking for an experienced Assistant Delivery Manager with Agile experience to work within Data Transformation. As the Assistant Delivery Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of your team, supporting individual projects wherever extra help is needed to unblock issues, facilitate connections across and beyond the organisation, and coordinate workshops, meetings and events.
This role can be based at the following locations: Belfast, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cardiff, London (Barkingside) or Crawley. Regular local and national travel will be required.
- Support delivery teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
- Help focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team
- Build your skills as a delivery manager, including building your confidence in
- supporting and leading teams with the agile project management toolkit
- Ensure sprint planning and sprint review meetings are effective and organised
- Support delivery managers and the programme delivery manager in ensuring that achievements are captured, celebrated and communicated.
- Support motivated teams, keeping them on track to deliver
- Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important.
- Support and coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- Take responsibility for tasks which will facilitate better running, eg unblocking issues, facilitating connections across the organisation, and coordinating workshops, meetings and events for the team.
- Help to manage risks, budgets and people
- Involved with the wider digital community, you will be open to new ways of working, skill sharing and innovation, bringing greater opportunities to your own teams
- Demonstrable experience of involvement in project or delivery teams
- Demonstrable experience of project support, for instance coordinating workshops, managing events, facilitating connections with other teams.
- Ability to see complicated tasks through to completion
- Strong organising skills, including an eye for detail
- Appreciation of ‘digital’ and transformation programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with senior stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Demonstrable experience of working with agile teams