Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers. Taking a Software Engineering led approach we're rapidly transforming into a leading UK FinTech.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
We're looking for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join a growing team of Specialists. You'd shape and influence an array of groundbreaking projects across Retail, Insurance and Commercial businesses to ensure they're secure by design.
With your team of Security Engineers, you'd be representing Cyber Security, empowered to guide the engagements at programme level, influence the risks and help the businesses to operate safely.
Could you help us make this possible?
- You'd lead on senior level engagement and act as a focal point for all cyber security related issues in the projects going on within your aligned business.
- You'd represent Cyber Security at local governance forums and working groups whilst collaborating across Engineering and Architectural teams to influence design decisions and agree secure solutions.
- You'll be providing guidance and direction to more junior colleagues, nurturing their skills and ensuring we deploy the right people on the right projects at the right time
So what about you?
This is a technical role but not at a coding level - but we'll expect you to have a firm appreciation of Cyber Security elements in order to review architectural designs. You'll also need to possess the presence and confidence in this knowledge to influence senior business and technical leaders.
Any previous Financial Services experience you could bring would be advantageous but you'll certainly be comfortable navigating across large enterprise scale organisations.
We'll also expect you'll have:
- Previous experience supporting major programmes and other project based activities
- A technical background gained within Cyber Security, possibly evidenced (desirably) by your holding CISSP, CISM etc.
And with our approach of "Cloud first" any experience you have in operating Cyber initiatives on Cloud based platforms would be very beneficial.
What will you get in return?
As well as giving you exposure to some fascinating programmes and Cyber initiatives you'd join a huge security organisation with many career paths available and true scope for growth and development.
Lloyds Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and BAME applicants meeting the above criteria are warmly encouraged to apply.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Flex cash sum
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.
***This role can be based in Edinburgh, Bristol, Gloucester, Manchester, Pudsey or London. For London applicants there is a further salary range reflecting the location***