Financial Management Group - Manager, Indirect Tax Reporting
You will be working as part of the EMEA Tax Reporting team to support the Commodities and Global Markets and Macquarie Equipment Finance businesses. You will be responsible for managing the Indirect Tax Compliance process for physical oil transactions across EMEA, which incorporates tax return process management, technical review of tax calculations, analysis and delivery.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- to support the sections of the indirect tax accounting process, including the preparation of tax reconciliations for material entities in the region and review calculations prepared by the Global Financial Services (GFS) share services function in India and
- to liaise with businesses and Tax Advisory team to understand transactions, including VAT implications of new trades
- to understand and implement external advice where required on trades (including vessel chartering)
- working to ensuring any VAT registrations or Customs/tax warehouses, and other reliefs are set up and maintained
- responsible for the indirect tax accounting process, including the review of tax reconciliations for the oil businesses operating in the region
- support process improvement and change management initiatives
- support revenue authority enquiries and audits
- effectively engage with the Global Financial Services shared service function in India
- responsible for responding to ad-hoc requests from the business on indirect tax compliance matters.
You will have:
- a university degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification (ACCA/CA)
- strong experience in a similar role, with demonstrated experience in physical oil transactions
- commercially minded, with the ability to understand complex structures and transactions
- ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Financial Management Group and businesses
- a high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus
- strong communication skills, with a strong team player mindset
- ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
- ability to work well under pressure
- a strong Financial Control mindset.
If you are looking for a new challenge in the tax space and possess the above skills and experience, apply online today.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.