For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand, and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it - from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy… We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
We are currently looking for Project Managers to join our Midlands regional team to work an a major , public sector new build project in the East Midlands regions. You main objective as the Project Manager, is to apply advanced to expert knowledge across multiple specialist streams of Project Management and intermediate to advanced knowledge of several job families to complex business issues requiring in-depth analysis. Will influence outcomes on major proposals/programs/projects. Provides mentoring and guidance to others.
- Manage project engineering activities which may include feasibility studies, instructions, specifications and the achievement of time and cost objectives to complete assigned projects in accordance with agreed parameters, and / or coordinate the preparation of construction reports, contracts and schedules, which may involve managing tender and contract documentation, ensuring proper review in accordance with quality assurance procedures and in compliance with applicable standards, may prepare reports and documentation (e.g. plans) to deliver technical and expert information, provide input to inform decision making.
- Monitor and review engineering activities, plans and equipment and maintain current knowledge of complex technical, policy and labour developments, recommending changes to ensure quality delivery of engineering projects, monitor work progress, proactively identifying and rectifying problems and/or non-conformances, escalating as appropriate and providing expert input and/or recommendations to ensure all issues are appropriately addressed in a prompt manner and risks are minimised.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of current developments and trends, ensuring site management and execution of construction projects in accordance with best practice industry standards and in compliance with applicable legislation, may participate in the formulation and development of programmes aligned with business plan and team objectives which may involve analysing business drivers and recommending cost-saving procedures.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders which may include engineers, technicians, site supervisors and contractors, and provide mentoring, coaching and support to team members through training and feedback to encourage and develop internal capabilities and to ensure that team members are adequately resourced to perform. ;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related technical discipline, combined with an advanced knowledge across multiple roles or specialities.
- Experience in a project or site engineering role and undertaking complex and high volume business projects, and/or expert knowledge of construction and property development industries, and engineering project management principles, with an in-depth understanding of engineering and site management principles.
- Written and verbal communication skills to facilitate decision making, influence and build relationships with key stakeholders, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
- Decision Making, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process, Verbal Communication, Written Communication.