Project Accountant - Returners Program (6 month Fixed term contract)
Back to the Future: Returners Programme
We know that returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect, which is why we are offering a Returnship Program which is here to help. Our Returners Program is a 6-month placement which has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between taking a career break of two years or more and re-entering the workplace. We want you to capitalise on your existing experience, refresh your skills and knowledge whilst equipping you with the confidence to return to work. It gives meaningful experience, with the wraparound of coaching, mentoring support and training.
We are looking for a Project accountant who will join our Mobility Rolling Stock Business based in Northampton. You will work with the Commercial Manager where you will be part of a small finance team who are responsible for accounts for the Depot.
Join our friendly and helpful staff at our Siemens Northampton office (NN5 7 QP) where we can offer flexible, full-time or a part-time working option. Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work at Siemens; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Have a look at this video which is of two of our employees who joined our Returners Programme last year- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6HBE2-bvAs
What support can I expect?
- Full day group workshop session
- Individual coaching sessions
- Mentoring - A mentor and buddy will be assigned to support your introduction and ongoing personal development within Siemens
- Training - Support will be on hand with on the job training
- Additional training - Siemens offers a range of training courses and these will be considered and offered to you
- Induction - A comprehensive induction to the business will be given allowing you to get a deep understanding and appreciation for the various functional teams you may be engaged with
This is your role. What part will you play?
The project accountant is a key member of the finance team as you will be responsible for the delivery of effective project accounting and commercial support for a major Train Service Agreement. The role will report into a Commercial Manager. You will be working alongside the Operations teams for those projects as well as the Finance team to help deliver the financial and commercial aspects of the project.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Part-Qualified / Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or equivalents.
- Accounting skills with ability to understand and interpret key financial statements
- Microsoft Office experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible and proactive approach to work as this role will involve working independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its staff at the centre of everything it does? A company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 100 hundred places to work in the UK. Siemens Rolling Stock manufacture, service and maintain fleets of trains, partnering with many train operating companies in the UK and worldwide.
Our compensation package includes a generous base salary and holiday allowance. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile