Principal Consultant- Intelligent Mobility
Intelligent Mobility, Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you be the better. We're passionate about infrastructure and dedicated to providing solutions for our clients - we are transforming how our transport, utilities, property and public assets perform, day in, day out. By working with a family of specialist, market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment, you'll see how their thinking influences yours and vice versa.
Within the Intelligent Mobility team, we're dedicated to re shaping our industry today for the future. Developing a deep understanding of the future technology which will enable more efficient and accessible transport solutions.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across the U.K to support and deliver Intelligent Mobility projects, developing innovative solutions for our clients within, for example, Co-Operative ITS, Connected and Autonomous Mobility, Electric Vehicles, Micro-mobility, Data analysis & Integration and MaaS
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide technical leadership and direction for consultancy services and projects relating to Intelligent Mobility, including, for example, Co-Operative ITS, Connected and Autonomous Mobility, Electric Vehicles, Micro-mobility, Data analysis & Integration and MaaS
What will this role involve?
- To develop innovative solutions to challenging problems within the Intelligent Mobility Sector either through further developing existing engagements and or further developing market opportunities aligning to the agreed annual budget
- Support the Head of Intelligent Mobility, Project Director & Technical Directors to develop annual business objectives, plans and budgets
- Maintain regular liaison with all key stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects
- Lead and provide technical support into bidding new opportunities
- To collaborate with Amey Colleagues to develop the company profile and enhance the overall offering to the market
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
What are we looking for?
- First degree or Higher-Level qualification in suitable engineering disciplines
- Chartered Membership of recognised engineering / project management institution
Skills & Experience
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of financial and contract management controls
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Intelligent Mobility areas; Co-Operative ITS, Connected and Autonomous Mobility, Micro-mobility and supporting data services.
- Extensive experience working closely with clients, providing advice and solutions based on analysis of performance, risk, cost and client requirements
- Providing technical direction to other consultants, project managers and graduates
- Highly professional with a determination to provide the most effective and appropriate solutions to the client
- Ability to challenge the norm utilising new ways of thinking/ innovation
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.