Supporter Development Officer
We have an excellent opportunity for a flexible and professional individual to provide operational support to the Supporter Development Manager across a variety of fundraising products and channels, as Supporter Development Officer.
Position: Supporter Development Officer - Lotter, Cash and Regular Giving
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon – “an area of outstanding natural beauty”
Hours: Full-time working Monday-Friday 08.30 - 16.30 (Applications from candidates seeking to work between 3-4 days per week will be considered)
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date:Tuesday 26 November 2019
The organisation is at an important stage in their fundraising strategy, having achieved considerable growth in the last 5 years. They are investing significantly in their fundraising team to help them towards their ambition of reaching £50m income by 2023.
The Supporter Development Officer will be responsible for delivering fundraising programmes to existing supporters with the aim of delivering an improved income and increased lifetime value through compelling donor-centric journeys.
- Key fundraising campaigns across the year specialising in the ongoing stewardship programme associated with their new lottery product.
- Working across other fundraising products and channels.
- Developing a deep understanding of supporters and support development.
- Implementing a programme of testing strategies to ensure both effectiveness and a seamless approach to donor care.
- Working closely with key stakeholders across the fundraising team and the wider charity.
Highly self-motivated, organised and with demonstrable experience of working in a supporter/customer development environment you will:
- Have excellent attention to detail whilst planning and managing a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Have experience of working with supporter or customer data in the context of planning and evaluating direct marketing activities.
- Have experience of dealing with enquiries and complaints from members of the public.
- Have good IT skills and exceptional innovative, communication and collaborative skills.
- Be familiar with the principles of Direct Marketing.
If you feel you have the qualities, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role, we would love to hear from you.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Supporter Engagement, Supporter Development, Supporter Care, Direct Marketing, Supporter Adviser, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Marketing, Supporter Experience.