Service Development Manager
We are looking for a Service Development Manager to lead and develop our client’s suite of services. This an exciting time to join the charity in this new role, as they start to deliver their ambitious new strategy to develop and greatly expand their services.
Position: Service Development Manager
Location: London, SE11
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week, flexible requests considered)
Salary: Circa. £38,000 per annum (inclusive of London weighting)
Benefits: Pension Scheme and Stakeholder Pension: Staff must contribute a min. of 4%. Employer’s contribution of 4%, Annual Season Ticket Loan: available to staff who have successfully passed their final probationary assessment (subject to BCUK has sufficient budget allocation), Life Assurance: provides a four times salary death in service benefit, Flexible working: core hours are between 10am – 4:30pm, Holiday: 25 days plus 3 between Christmas and New Year and Statutory holidays, Employee Assistance Program available to all staff, Cycle to Work Scheme.
Closing Date: 4th December
The Service Development Manager is a central and important role at the organisation, supporting delivery of the charity’s mission by developing and overseeing services for patients and their loved ones.
You will work closely with the Head of Services to develop a portfolio of personalised and accessible support services for people affected by bowel cancer - giving them greater choice and control in their experience of bowel cancer. Current services include peer-based support, in the form of our Online Community and face-to-face patient days, and access to clinical support via our Ask the Nurse email service.
This role is focused on delivering the organisation’s key strategic aim: To deliver personalised information and support services for patients and their families and to proactively increase the number of people they help each year.
Main responsibilities include:
- Manage the delivery and development of support services for patients and families.
- Develop and implement a planned approach to scoping, testing and embedding new approaches.
- Regular engagement with patients and their families.
- Deliver operational elements of patient services as required.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of all projects and services.
- Provide internal guidance on best practice to delivering patient-focused support services.
- Effective team and performance management.
The Service and Development Manager will be a self-starter who calmly and pro-actively finds solutions to problems and manages own time well.
You will have:
- Proven experience of developing successful user-focused support services.
- Experience of working for a health charity.
- Experience of overseeing multi-channel support, information or advice services for vulnerable groups
- Experience of building and working in partnerships
- Experience using effective and appropriate monitoring and evaluation frameworks and mechanisms.
- Budget management experience.
As part of the application process you will be asked to upload a CV and a covering letter.
In this rewarding role you will be joining a passionate team of staff, determined to improve the lives of people affected by bowel cancer, in a warm environment. Our client offers a great benefits package including flexible working options and a generous holiday allowance, if this sounds like the role for you… then we would love to hear from you!
About the Organisation
Our client is the UK’s leading bowel cancer charity. They are determined to save lives and improve the quality of life of everyone affected by bowel cancer. They support and fund targeted research, provide expert information and support to patients and their families, educate professionals about the disease and campaign for early diagnosis and access to best treatment and care.
You may also have experience in areas such as Service Manager, Programme Manager, Development Manager, Patient Services, Patient Services Manager, Support Services, Support Service, Cancer Support, Cancer Support Services.