IT Business Support Analyst
Here at Amey we're looking for IT Business Support Analysts who can deliver great customer service.
This is an opportunity to be part of a company working with Defence Infrastructure Organisation to help maintain services for the MoD estate of properties throughout the United Kingdom. Based in Buckshaw village, Chorley you will be working as part of our Business Support team, providing 1st line and application support for approximately 1,500 business users.
What is the purpose of this role?
Operating from our Buckshaw Village, Preston office, the Business Support team are the public face of IT. Providing telephone, email and chat support to over 1,500 internal customers. The successful candidates will be creating a team that strive for excellence in everything they do. The role holders will be expected to handle business requests and incidents professionally and courteously. Taking ownership of issues and ensuring work is completed in a timely fashion, working to published SLAs
What will this role involve?
- Provide advice and support to our customers, partners and suppliers, acting as the primary point of contact
- Provide Application Support to resolution. This will be supporting both internal and external applications
- Provide configuration of Application stack for end users
- Ensure detailed and accurate information is captured in our ITSM solution
- Undertake initial troubleshooting and fault diagnosis
- Categorise and prioritise incidents and requests in line with our published SLAs
- Assist in the handling and management of Major Incidents and outages
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our services and offerings
- Promote a strong working relationship between the Business IT Operations team, our technical resolver groups, partners and suppliers
What are we looking for?
- A strong working knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
- A good working knowledge of Active Directory (including account administration)
- A good working knowledge of mobile devices (Samsung Tablet, DELL Toughbook's)
- A good understanding of Networking concepts (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience of supporting Citrix (XenApps)
- Email and email filtering systems, i.e. Outlook, Exchange, O365
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (good listener)
- Strong problem solving skills, logical thinker
- Adaptable and flexible
- Friendly and professional
- Patient, calm and methodical
- Ability to work with minimal general supervision as part of a team
- Able to use initiative and be self-sufficient in taking ownership of a given issue or problem
- Able to work well under pressure
- Organisation and planning abilities, able to prioritise as required
Salary and benefits
You will receive a competitive salary (band B) plus 24 days holiday, contributory pension, and access to a huge range of Amey savings and benefits
At Amey we're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better