Finance & Admin Lead - Flexible Working Available
Closing date for completed applications: 29th November 2019
External Interviews will be held on: 9th December 2019
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance & Admin Lead to join us on a 12-month FTC to provide maternity leave cover.
You will be joining L&Q at a very exciting time where we are investing, growing and transforming our business to provide a better service to customers old and new.
We are looking for an experience Finance & Admin to provide relevant financial and administrative support to IT, typically including acting as the first point of contact for internal and external customers and other stakeholders.
The post holder will report into the Head of PMO but will work across all areas of the business. The Finance & Admin Lead will be aligned to the Planning function of IT, who ensure that resourcing, product/project management, vendor management, and administration are all fulfilled within L&Q standards.
The Finance & Admin Lead will:
- Drive the efficient use of financial resources to achieve objectives in line with business cost structures and requirements
- Manage a small team of administrators ensuring that Target KPI’s are met in regard to purchase order, invoicing and payment.
- Manage a team of administrators, ensuring procurement processes are followed that purchase orders are raised and managed by the IT Administrators in accordance with company procedures
- Work closely and collaboratively with Product Team members and Function Leads to allocate financial resources to best effect
- Work with the Vendor Manager to understand likely projected spend with third parties, and possible deviations
- Work with Finance to present budget forecasts and highlight areas of over and underspend if required
- Build and manage relationship with our third-party vendors
- Monitor and report on the spend to third parties, highlighting deviations from forecasts
- Responsible for the management of IT budgets
- Maintain the appropriate reporting and budgeting of Finance across IT
- Keep IT Finance records and systems up to date, ready for monthly handover to L&Q IT business partners
- Provide financial information for inclusion into Senior Leadership report pack.
Skills and Expertise:
- A good understanding of accrual accounting, prepayments and variance analysis is essential. Preferably qualified / part qualified accounting technician (AAT / CIMA)
- Excellent communication skills, and able to work collaboratively within a team
- Basic understanding of IT processes, and IT procurement frameworks
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- IT admin experience with an IT organisation of over 50 staff
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility